Pages

Thursday 13 June 2013

Jplay Just Turn My PC Into A Hifi Music Player

When I first came through the name of Jplay, I was thinking it is most likely just another gimmick or hoax that intend to sell more than it can do. Will Jplay, a software music player that also used kernel streaming improve the sound of my PC that already using kernel streaming? That is the doubt I have in my mind at first.

So I went and google about Jplay. Surprisingly, Jplay has very good and positive feedbacks and reviews. The 6moons.com even gave Jplay a "Blue Moon Award" with the praise "Innovation in sound quality & musicality for PC / Windows music player software". There are also feedback from users stating that they even heard improvement on sound quality from their integrated / onboard sound card. These feedbacks and reviews seem very convincing.

Free Trial Version
This is definitely the best part of Jplay. They provide free trial version to be downloaded and tested with all the features enabled. Just that there will be moments of silent that happen occasionally when you are listening to the music. So you are free to judge whether that Jplay improve your sound quality and whether it worth the money. Here is the link for the free trial version of Jplay: http://jplay.eu/download/

Jplay Sound Quality
At the first play after installed the trial version, I am totally sold by the improved sound quality. The sound just seem to be so relaxing and airy feel that I never heard on my DAC before. That is just the default settings on Jplay. After messing around with the setting of Jplay, I think Xtream setting with Direct Link seem to be the best while my sister prefer the River setting. Well, it actually depend on personal taste. From other users' feedback, it seem that the ULTRAstream setting that only support windows 8 is even better. But I will just leave it at Xtream setting for now since I don't have any plan to upgrade to win 8 anytime soon.

Verdict
- Jplay really does improve your sound from the PC.
- However, Jplay is also very demanding on PC requirement.
- With the price tag of 99 Euro Dollar. Jplay is not for everyone. It is means for those in pursuit of higher quality sound that owned some system that cost at least RM 5k or above.
- Try it out yourself with the trial version here: http://jplay.eu/download/

No comments:

Post a Comment